Are you trying to place an order with a U.S. retailer from an international location? And you’re having trouble placing the order or the order keeps getting canceled by the retailer?
If so, you’ve landed on the right article. We used to run a business where we purchased and shipped more than 1,000 hard to buy American items for international customers – now we just explain the process so that international customers can place the orders themselves.
The Easiest Solution To Order Placing Issues: Personal Shopping Services or eBay
If you’re using a shipping forwarder address and you’re having order placing issues, the easiest solution is to use a personal shopping service or to buy your product(s) on eBay.
1. eBay: This is a great option because almost all sellers on eBay ship to freight forwarders and many even ship internationally. To filter by shipping to your country, click on any item, click on “shipping and payments” which should be halfway down the page, then select your country. Now when you search in eBay it will display international shipping prices.
2. Personal Shopping Services: These services will place the order for you and then ship to your international address.
MyUS.com, FishisFast.com, and BigAppleBuddy.com all offer concierge services where they will buy the item for you and then ship it to your address. The biggest difference is that MyUS charges 8% of the purchase price, FishisFast charges $5 + 7% and BigAppleBuddy charges $50 flat rate + $15 for each additional item.
The Advanced (But More Cost-Effective) Solutions
There are three potential issues that you’re running into if your order is getting blocked or repeatedly canceled:
- The retailer may not allow customers to place an order if their internet location is outside of the U.S.A.
- The solution here is to use a VPN service, such as Private Internet Access, to essentially trick the internet into believing that you’re within the United States while placing the order.
- The retailer may not accept your credit card
- The solution here is to use a virtual credit card, such as Entropay, so that your billing address will be located in the U.S.A.
- The retailer may not ship to the shipping forwarder that you’re working with
- If the order is repeatedly getting canceled then this is most likely the issue.
- You’re best off using lesser known shipping forwarders with the hope that they aren’t blocked: FishisFast.com, Stackry.com, and PlanetExpress.com are good options.
- If all else fails, you can use a personal concierge service, such as BigAppleBuddy.com (which charges a $50 fee to ship you anything).